Monday, April 27, 2015


Strange things guys do with their hair

 
The lifestyle newsletter
of
The George Bruno Experience

George Bruno, EMAIL: gb @ georgebruno.com
 
Instagram: @georgeabruno
Facebook: The George Bruno Experience

I am the highest rated beard artist in the world.
I love to cut hair ...and it shows!
My passion is to make you look the best that you can possibly be.
I style the hair of actors, models, and business people.
Everyday I hear "This is the best haircut I have ever had" and "Finally someone has brought Manhattan-style cutting to the Philadelphia area".
Mom has brown eyes. Dad has brown eyes. I have brown eyes.
My Dad cut hair. My Mom cut hair. For me cutting hair is almost genetic!
I played in a barber chair and fooled around with beauty & styling implements as a child. It seems that the shears and comb are natural extensions of my hands.
If anyone was "born to cut hair" it is me!
Strange Things Guys Do With Their Hair
The Televangelist Look
The Comb-over
As my street sign says "Come near me with that flippin comb-over and I'll cut it off" is only partly in jest.
One of the things I hate to do is to perpetuate dysfunctional hairstyles. So many guys that are losing their hair go through all kinds of "gyrations" trying to make three hairs look like five hairs. Please men, the reality is ..it doesn't look good. It's like the emperor's new clothes. Everybody is afraid to say something ...but I'm not. Even with little hair, I can rock out a great style for you to "free you from the tyranny of a bad hairstyle". Enough of the windsock, I'm begging you. This is where a GREAT stylist can help you with options. This is where an effective consult is important. The right stylist will help you become the handsome-est you can be.
If George Clooney was bald...
The Shaved Head
Guys that are losing their hair get this shaved head thing going on sometimes. It is only attractive on about 10% of the men that do it. And when it looks good, it is awesome. Heads are funny things. They have bumps, valleys, ridges, points, dips, and can look like a topographical road map. Yeah, I know you save money by doing yourself, but it looks dumb. Unless you're auditioning for a roles as Mr. Clean, a circus strong man, or a Hills Have Eyes remake, don't shave your head. As a professional that is intimately close to hundreds of heads on a regular basis, I have an eye for what looks good on a man and a shaved head is not one of those things. The perfect solution is a buzzed shadow...but NOT all one length. It needs to be tapered or "faded" at the nape and around the ears. Combined with a shadow beard, it is a rockin' look that goes well with jeans and t-shirt or a tux. It is sharp, clean, and your woman will love it, believe me. Wives and girlfriends give me feedback all the time.
The Wrong Color or Any Color
As you know I am a gray/silver fan. Nothing looks sillier than a mature guy with "elvis black hair". Throw in a comb-over or some dysfunctional style and you have the perfect combo for anxiety and perpetual dissatisfaction. IF you color, go with a shade or two lighter than your normal natural color. And keep up with it I'm begging you. Gray roots on a guy are not very attractive. There's a reason why women get a cut and color in the same visit. There's also a reason why they get it done professionally. The "home depot do-it-yourself" philosophy of coloring your hair, looks exactly like that....like you did it yourself. The best solution is a blended color, not a total cover. Very few men over 30 have all one color. If you decide to transition to gray, please consult with me. I can help you with a texturized scissor cut that you will LOVE and be thankful for. Your life will change.
Hair Pieces
In my humble opinion, I rarely or never see a  hairpiece I like. The minute someone says "That's a great hair piece" , it kind of defeats the purpose of having a hair piece. If you know someone who is considering one, please have them consult with me. I can show them natural options they will be so happy with
Product Review
For my silver brothers and sisters, I recommend a blue shampoo once a week. There are many brands. I prefer the bluer ones over the violet ones. Shampoo with it once or twice a week and it makes your gray appear more silvery, which is very, very attractive. For white hair, it replaces the yellowish tint with a brighter whiter hue. I have used everything from American Crew, the generic from Sally Beauty Supply, and my new favorite is Jhirmack available in Walmart of all places for $3.50 a bottle. It'll last you six months if you use it twice a week and co-wash on the other days.
What are clients saying about me?
"I finally found my new stylist. You just instinctively gave me what worked best for the look I wanted. I loved your consult. No one ever did that with me and I loved your product and styling recommendations"
Steve
"Damn, George ...you're good"
Brad
"Whenever I have a press conference or am getting new headshots or a big audition, you are the only one I trust with my hair"
Frank
The Wife/Girlfriend Department
If you've been a fan of my writing in the past, you know I like to mention things in "threes". The holy trinity of beauty is hair/skin/smile
Teeth need to be tight/white/bright
Muscles need to be Toned/Lengthened/Hydrated
But there are exceptions to everything
This month's topic is a "four"
What does it take to not only get a woman, but keep a woman?
Getting a woman is the easy part. Keeping them may not be so easy for many men.
In my "research" ....I have found these to be a great combo
1.) A man needs to be handsome. That doesn't mean he has to look like George Clooney or (fill-in-the-blank). He needs to be as handsome as HE can be. That means groomed well, styled appropriately for his age and lifestyle. Like the ZZ Top song once said, "Every woman's' crazy about a sharp dressed man". You don't have to be a walking designer model, just neat, clean, and put together in a way that exudes class, comfort, and confidence.
2.) A man needs to be charming. Not the phony fake kind of charm, but the genuine "find something nice to say" type no matter what. There's never a downside to being a gentleman, using manners, holding a woman's chair for her, walking on the outside of the sidewalk with her, standing up when she enters the room, and taking your hat off when you meet her. Tell your woman she is beautiful. I never let that one slip with the woman I love or even my female friends. Many times my female friends will say "George, you are the only one who ever tells me that". Guys, get the hint.
3.) A man needs to be FUN. Let the humor flow! Even if it is an occasional bad joke. Notice I said bad joke, not dirty joke. Fun does not mean foul mouth. There's never a downside to clean language with your woman. Tame that tongue and show her some love by NOT having a foul mouth. It will not go un-noticed. Take her out dancing. Yes guys, take her out dancing. Yeah, it may make you uncomfortable. Yeah, you may dance like the drunk white uncle at a wedding, but who cares? No one is judging you but yourself so get over it. She will love you for it. Do it regularly, lose weight together, sweat it out, have fun, laugh and smile while you're out, drink plenty of water along with the adult beverages if you drink. Then...get ready for that love life to be improved. Trust me on that.
4.) A man needs to have purpose and make money with that purpose. You can have all the above, but if there is no cash flow, the above is very limited in it's ability to keep things going. Money is a beautiful thing. The stress of more cash going out than coming in is not a good feeling. Do whatever it takes to make that happen. SHE is worth it and will notice it. If you have that awesome cash flow already, then focus on the other things mentioned. Women like security and don't want a "dependent". I have experience with this one. Suck it up and do whatever it takes, even if it means taking a new direction in career, part-time work, or business idea. The key word in this concept is ACTION, not ideas. Action creates cash flow, not ideas alone.
I hope this helps!...and stay in touch!
Here's a great quote from my favorite author. Enjoy!

Cheers!
George

2 comments:

  1. Amazing and interesting photos. really lovely.
    beard shampoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats the difference between lotion and butter? And which is better on chapped hands? (By chapped i mean cracked and bleeding)
    deodorant

    ReplyDelete