Monday, January 30, 2012

February: Turn the winter "Blah's" into the winter "Ah's"

Clean, Sharp, and Handsome

...for men only

February 2012

Get a haircut, will ya!
Call my cell for an appt: 267-261-3240
Don't worry guys; Winter is going to end soon. This just is the time of year that the cold weather gets really old and it's a waiting game.


The perfect time for a relaxing hot towel-hot lather shave, custom scissor cut, facial, and shoulders-up massage. Those of you who have had it know exactly what I am talking about. I actually have guys fall asleep in the chair it is so relaxing.
George Bruno, M.S.
Men's Grooming Expert

Who cuts your hair?
What does he look like? Is he clean cut and well-groomed himself? Does he show interest in your image, your skin and scalp, how you present yourself? If not, then you need someone who does that. Get in here just once ...and I guarantee you'll see the difference.

How do I know?
I get wives, girlfriends, and moms giving me a high-five and calling me saying "that is the best haircut he ever got" and " I'm not allowing him to go anywhere else from now on", and the latest comment "he looks like a new man because of you"
Coming to me is about so much more than the haircut.

The "Don't you know your barber is the most networked guy in the world" department
I cut everybody's hair. Who do you need to meet? I have connections. Just talk to me brother. Drop off the resume, biz cards, whatever.

Who comes to me?
Company presidents, Big Pharma and Biotech dudes, Unemployed guys (free haircuts till you get a job and especially the day before your interview), Judges, Actors, Models, The Guy Next door that works at Wawa, Guys just released from prison that need a new start and fresh look.
I don't care ... Everybody is a somebody in my chair.


Your Hair
Last month I talked about a new style for a new year. I can blend away your grey if you'd like or recommend products to enhance the grey hair.
I have seen more dry brittle hair in the past month, which is typical for December through March. The skin and scalp are a little drier than usual. One of the reasons is that we dont hydrate enough during the colder months. Right? You probably don't drink as much water now as you do in the warmer months. There is no down side to hydrating. Just have your water bottle with you all the time and sip throughout your day or make it a point to take a sip at the water fountain everytime you pass it.
New product alert
Use a little Morroccan Oil on your scalp/hair daily to keep it looking healthy and strong. It's an "ultra-emolient' which means it absorbs quickly. It is not greasy or shiny like other oils. Use the highest quality Pure Morrocan oil (which is from the Argan Tree). It is fairly expensive and can cost $20 for a tiny one ounce bottle, BUT you use only a couple drops in your hands. Rub your hands together and make sure it gets inbetween your fingers too, then comb it with your fingers through your wet hair, then groom or use your fave product. You'll see a difference on the very day you use it. If it slicks your hair too much or looks too shiny or you're leaving finger prints on your smartphone or iPad, then you are using too much. Just back off a little a drop at a time. It's great for color enhanced hair or even silver hair. Make sure you get PURE Argan Oil. If it has other oils in it, it can have a yellowing/brassy look over time.
One of the handsome son-of-a-guns I serve. A "Rockabilly" cut

Have pity on a brother
If you can wash your hair BEFORE you come in, you'll get a better cut because your hair and scalp will be clean and the hair will lay more naturally. I get guys coming in with "bed-head" flat spots and then want me to perform a miracle. I'm good, but not that good. You would need Moses to part that hair. Wash and condition it or I can do it for a little extra.
Is this is your old barbershop? Come see me please


Whats new with me?
I just finished a course on tips for dealing with thinnning hair, and a course on coloring men's hair to look natural. I cut a guys hair in Manhattan last week and would like to maybe go to NYC once a week (Mondays) as a "Visiting Celebrity Barber/Stylist" where I do one-hour full blown appointments of the what I call the RMT (Royal Masculine Treatment). If you know of a high end salon in Manhattan that would like that, let me know. (They are typically closed on Mondays and it would be a money-maker for them too) I will work with eight clients that day.


By now you also know I am a commercial actor, spokesperson, pitchman, and media trainer (I help people look and sound good on camera, behind the microphone, and in face-to-face speaking presentations)
I'm going to be in two short films in February, one commercial, and several newspaper and online ads in the Philly area. I am always looking for more opportunities in film, media, and speaking/training gigs.

INVITE ME TO SPEAK TO YOUR GROUP, COMPANY, ASSOCIATION, TRADE SHOW, CONFERENCE. I can keynote, host, emcee, or do break-away groups.

How do I do it all? I'm single, I prioritize well ...and have the best bunch of cheerleaders in the world ...my friends

I WRITE IT, YOU READ IT. The something-for-everybody department

Need to speak better? Buy my e-book on Amazon. It's less than a subway hoagie.
http://www.amazon.com/Speak-Well-Earn-More-ebook/dp/B005FG1KRQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327932175&sr=1-2


Do you like Cigars, Pipes,Barbershops, Dads, Grandfathers, and Old School Manly Stuff? You'll love this book.
http://www.amazon.com/Smelled-Like-Six-OClock-ebook/dp/B005FG2LZ6/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327932301&sr=1-4


Know an artist that wants to take their art from hobby to possibly making a living?
http://www.amazon.com/sell-your-artwork-craft-ebook/dp/B005FG1LGQ/ref=sr_1_5?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327932364&sr=1-5


Want some tips on how to deal with divorce? It cost less than than a gallon of gas but will get you further.
http://www.amazon.com/Helpful-Rules-After-Divorce-ebook/dp/B005FG1LX4/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327932461&sr=1-1


This'll scare the shadoobie out of ya
http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Lights-Perkasie-Chapter-ebook/dp/B005FG2KFM/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327932674&sr=1-3


I love to write and do it well. As you know, I have a readable conversational style that people enjoy. IF YOU NEED ME TO GHOSTWRITE YOUR BLOG or ARTICLES for you, just call me. I'm not free, BUT It'll cost you to NOT hire me for your regular blogging or copywriting.

The Wife/Girlfriend Department
You are now used to my infinite wisdom on women....NOT!
I just have a few ideas that may be good for you. Sometimes seeing life through another set of eyes is a good thing.
Chivalry & Romance for a new generation of men?
Chivalry is defined as the sum of the ideal qualifications of a knight, including courtesy, generosity, valor, dexterity in arms, and a readiness to help the weak. All of those things seem to be things of the past according to many. The qualities of a knight included the code of chivalry. Is it no wonder that many women have used the phrase “Knight in Shining Armor” when describing their man or a man they desire. Knowing the qualities of a knight might not be a bad thing for a man to know.
Old fashioned courtesy has gone out of style. A man can practice courtesy with his woman from the minute he wakes up whether he is dating or married. I would define that as just deferring to the other. It could be as simple as bringing her coffee in the morning and putting it on her nightstand. It may manifest itself in things like holding the woman’s chair while she sits in a public place, or letting her order first or actually ordering for her at a restaurant (of course after consulting with her). Opening and holding a door for her, and other women. She will notice when you treat other women, especially older women with respect. A knight will put out his hand while a woman is taking a step off a curb or off a platform at the train station. When a man just makes little things like this a practice in everyday life without expecting anything in return, he becomes an all-around better person. Valor is a mindset that enables a man to encounter danger with firmness. Now in our culture, we don’t encounter danger much, but here is how to practice valor. When walking on a sidewalk in the city, the man should walk closest to the road. This is a protective measure, not only from traffic, but also from splashes of water or slush in the winter. The knight would rather put himself in “peril” or get soiled. The knight will always put himself between any danger or threat. Protecting her is a priority. The knight will sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door in the bedroom as to offer protection in case of an intruder. The knight is always ready to honor, defend, and protect. Men do you see your self as a romantic? As a knight? Most likely no. What I propose is that you see yourself as that knight. The knight has no ego and the only battle he wins is the one when his woman’s safety, security, comfort, and honor is being threatened or compromised. Never win an argument with her. If you“win”, you actually lose.

The knight uses manners in public and in the home. He says “No, thank you”, not just “No”. He says “Yes, please”, not just “Yeah”. He models this for his young daughter and son. His daughter will know what to expect from a boy when she starts socializing. He models chivalry and respect for his son when he starts being interacting with girls. Believe me, nothing makes a man more proud than to see his own kids practice respect and receive respect from others. A young man shows up to take my daughter to her first dance, he had a suit on, gave her flowers, told her she looked beautiful, and held the door for her. When she texted me a picture of them during the dance and told me how good things were going, I was a proud Dad, and one that was proud of how that boys parents raised him. A knight in the making I thought.

Can an old dog learn new tricks? Can a grown man become a knight, practice chivalry and become a romantic? The answer is a resounding “yes!”
Cheers brothers! ...now get a haircut will ya!

1 comment:

  1. George you gave me the best tip ever when you told me to finish shaving by going the opposite direction to get the "baby's behind" feel. You are a master at your craft! - Andy R

    ReplyDelete