Sunday, November 6, 2011

November 2011

George Bruno, Men's Grooming Expert

Clean, Sharp, & Handsome Newsletter
For Men Only
November 2011

Call my cell: 267-261-3240
Unemployed and have an interview scheduled? Come in and I'll cut your hair at no cost. Why? Because there was a time when I was out of work and a friend kept me looking good while I was in my job search. My 75 yr old barber father is still cutting hair and always helps guys who are laid-off and looking for work. It always comes back to him when he pays it forward!

I am a second-generation Italian-American Haircutter in the tradition of the old Italian haircutters like my Dad. I always greet you with a smile & firm handshake.

Fathers and Sons welcomed to come in together for a masculine bonding experience.
SINGLE MOMS: Bring your little man to a real mans haircutting place, a traditional barbershop. It’s a place where boys see and hear men speaking and acting like men.

*Starting January 1st, 2012, I am going to all appointments. Walk-ins are always welcome, but appointments get priority. YOU are my priority. It is so efficient this way. It maximizes your valuable time, my time, and just makes sense. I'll give you an appt. card or call you a day ahead if you need a reminder. I block out your appointment time so you never get rushed.


* Guys with my Club Service get unlimited haircuts, trims and facial hair shape-ups. When you always have to look good, this is a great option. See my menu at the bottom. Call for details.

LISTEN UP GUYS: Women LOVE a clean cut, well-groomed man!

The Clean, Sharp, and Handsome man always goes farther in life.

Grooming Tips: Stop using your wife or girlfriends shampoo or a bar of soap on your head! So many guys have dry scalps, especially now that the cooler weather is here. Use a higher end shampoo AND a conditioner. Your hair will look better, you will feel better. When you make an appointment for a cut, I prefer you shampoo that day. It’s easier and obviously more hygienic for me to cut a clean head of hair.

I just finished a course called “Tips and Tricks for working with Thinning Hair”. Guys that are losing their hair or receding fret so much about their heads and do all kinds of strange tricks to appear to have more hair, i.e.: comb-overs, sprays, gels, thickeners, etc. Don’t “Donald Trump” your hair! Come in for a consult. Please don’t be embarrassed. I can help you with a fresh new look as well as listen to you about your concerns. Hey, I have a Masters Degree in Education and Counseling from my first career. I know how to listen ...and do it quite well.

Ask me about being my CLIENT-OF-THE-DAY. What I do for my valued clients is post a pic of you and I together on my Facebook page. I put a little blurb about your business as well as your website link and contact info. Believe me, this is working. I cut hair five days a week, so there are five spots a week. I do this for my regular appointment-only clients. Best of all, it is free!


*I am also a commercial actor and model. You may have seen me in commercials, on TV, in magazines, and heard my voice on the radio. I know what it is like to be in an image-conscious business and can help you look your handsome best.

My cutting partner and Cut Cave business owner, Gene Wood, is incredible with the clippers, “ethnic” hair, military cuts, etc. It is no surprise that the company mascot is "Clipper Man". I sincerely mean it when I say there is no one better at ethnic cuts than Gene.
I am the “scissor guy” half of the team. I love my shears …and have eight pairs for all hair and styles. I use a new comb on every client.
When I cut your hair, I’m all over your head like Republicans on Obamacare, lol..
Every haircut is customized for your head shape, your work, your play, and the special person in your life; afterall she gives you the thumbs up or down when you walk in the door. You will want my signature custom scissor cut. I have other incredible services that will blow your mind, not your budget. Ask to see my menu of services.

My signature cut is a custom scissor-cut with texture. What is that you ask? It is the opposite of the perfectly smooth hair sprayed look that so many men are used to. It goes like this …you get your hair cut. You come home to your wife or girlfriend. She either likes it or not. THEN she runs her “five tooth comb” …her hand …through it, sweeping it back or to the side. That creates grooves, topography, and dimension to the cut. It is no longer a one dimension smooth “helmet-head” cut. I take the hard part out of most men’s heads that their Mama combed in when they were five. My cuts literally make men look younger, healthy and contemporary without being too avant garde. Trust the guy who cuts your hair. Other than your doctor, there’s no man that gets that close to you. It’s not enough to say “give me a trim” or “take some off the top and sides”. I will literally customize your cut to your lifestyle; give you tips on hair and scalp care, skin care, anti-aging, and the classic look of success for your industry.

Man to Man
Here’s a handful of ideas that may inject some life into that relationship. Granted, you may be looked at strangely or be suspected of something, lol. It doesn't matter if you're only dating ...or married 25 years. Try any one of these or a combination of these over a period of a month. These are in no particular order.
1.) Don’t take her out for dinner. Make her dinner at home and you do all the clean up.
2.) Give her a pedicure. Study up boys, and do it right. Then paint her nails. She'll enjoy it after she picks herself off the floor in disbelief!
3.) You initiate the daily walk, be it a mile or a few blocks.
4.) Take off from work and go to a movie matinee together, popcorn and all.
5.) Write a love letter and send it in the mail, like men used to do, just like her father did to her mother when he was overseas during the war. Read Ronald Reagan’s book called I Love You, Ronnie. It’s his love letters to his wife Nancy. It'll blow you away ...and her as well.
6.) Hide little "appreciation notes" in places she'll find intermittently throughout her day.
7.) Ask her what radio station she wants to listen to in the car.
8.) Get a massage together.
9.) Read aloud to her the fiction she likes.
10.) Write a song or poem for her ...and if you're musical, play it for her.
11.) Make an exhaustive list on paper of everything you love about her and stick it on the fridge.
12.) Play with her hair and stroke it with your fingers at night till she falls asleep.
13.) In your "lovin' time, love her ...with her ...and only her in mind. Don't do a single thing with your pleasure in mind. Believe me, she'll notice ...and that alone will be satisfying to you.
14.) Have a feather in your nightstand. This is for a "less-is-more" massage. Not every massage has to rattle her bones. Kind of a "anti-Shiatsu, just barely massaging massage". Your eyelashes work too!
15. No more dermabrasion. Shave your face before your lovin' time
16. Never underestimate the power of good oral/dental hygiene
17. Put a glass/bottle of water on her nightstand.
18. Hold hands and give thanks before dinner.
19. Promote her career and future goals in and out of the home
20. Ask her what she wants to watch on TV and give her the remote

Go for it guys. She already thinks you're crazy, what have you got to lose?


Now quit yapping and listen to your haircutter for a minuteAfter you’ve told him what you want, listen to his suggestions. “A lot of guys come in with an idea of how they want their hair, but it’s just not possible with their hair type. Or what they’re asking for won’t look good with their face. Customers need to come in with an open mind and they have to be flexible,” Listen to what he has to say and trust his expertise. Your relationship with him is like any good relationship-communication should be a two-way street. He should listen to what you’re looking for and give you feedback and advice. A good cutter will ask you if you’re happy with how your hair looks as he goes along. If he doesn’t communicate at all and doesn’t listen to your preferences, it’s probably time to pick a new cutter. One of the best parts of the barbershop tradition is that as you partake of this manly ritual, the cutter can become your buddy, someone you’re not only comfortable with, but look forward to seeing.
Cheers, my brothers

All services include a style and scalp consult, a quick follicle-stimulating scalp massage, detailing of eyebrow, nose & ear hair trim, and a barely perceptible light astringent aftershave

No comments:

Post a Comment